Las Vegas Slab Leak Repair
Professional Foundation Leak Repair in Henderson & Throughout the Vegas Valley
The majority of homes here in the Las Vegas area are built on a slab foundation, which is made of concrete. When the water pipes are installed, they are placed within the foundation. Because the pipes are underground and not readily accessible, any damage that ever occurs to those pipes needs to be addressed by a plumbing professional who is qualified and equipped to repair slab leaks.
Underground Leak Detection in Las Vegas
Pentagon Plumbing, Inc. is ready to help if you suspect an underground slab leak on your property. With decades of experience in the plumbing industry and state-of-the-art leak-finding technology at our disposal, our leak detection experts can quickly find and stop any underground leaks that may be threatening your home. We’re available 24/7 for slab leak emergencies in Las Vegas.
Call Pentagon Plumbing, Inc at (702) 876-5969 today for slab leak repair in Las Vegas!
Signs You Might Have a Slab Leak
In order to protect your home and know when to call for repairs, it’s very important to familiarize yourself with the warning signs of a slab leak. The sooner you’re able to spot a problem, the sooner you can get the help you need, and the greater chances you’ll have of keeping the damage to a minimum.
The most common signs of a slab leak include:
- Significant increases in your water bill
- Visible foundation settling
- Noticeable reductions in water pressure
- Unexplained wet spots on carpets or floors
- Unexplained pooling around your foundation
- Odors of mold or mildew
What Causes Slab Leaks?
The causes of slab leaks don’t have much to do with how you use or maintain your plumbing, so unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to prevent slab leaks. The best thing you can do to protect your home is to keep an eye on your property.
Common causes of slab leaks include:
- Ground movement – Over time, shifting soil can put pressure on your pipes, causing them to bend or break at connection points.
- Pipe corrosion – Metal pipes, particularly galvanized steel and cast iron, but not excluding the more common copper piping, are susceptible to corrosion over time which can cause the pipe to spring a leak.
- Improper installation – Pipes that were not correctly installed in the first place will be more likely to leak.
Because slab leaks are not visible to the eye, the damage can go unnoticed for weeks or even months. Left unaddressed, slab leaks can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage to your home, including foundation damage, structural damage, and even dangerous mold growth. It’s possible that your homeowner’s insurance plan covers plumbing leaks, so be sure to call your insurance company in addition to calling us for a slab leak detection and repair service.
How Are Leaks Detected?
There are several methods for locating hidden water leaks. Two of them are discussed below.
- Infrared technology. An infrared camera is used to take close up images of the pipes, which will helping us inspect the pipes from several angles and making it easier to spot any leaks.
- Meter detection technique. This involves a digital device that tracks down possible signs of leaks.
We’re Committed to Our Customers’ Satisfaction & Safety
Pentagon Plumbing, Inc. is a family owned and operated company that is focused on our customers. We know that dealing with a plumbing issue such as a slab leak can be stressful, especially if you can’t locate the source of the leak. Fortunately, our licensed plumbers have years of experience in this industry and we are prepared to solve even the trickiest leak. Once we have completed underground leak detection in Las Vegas, we can determine the most effective way to fix it and provide our expert recommendation.